Applied Environmental Sedimentology
The Department of Applied Environmental Sedimentology offers sedimentological consulting services to industry, government, and academic institutions, (e.g., oil and gas exploration companies, geological survey organizations, and environmental and archaeological agencies). Our highly qualified scientific and technical staff provide multidisciplinary sedimentological studies for geological, hydrogeological and geoecological assessments.
- Grain-size analysis of sediments by a variety of methods using over various scales. Calculation of statistical parameters (median diameter, standard deviation, asymmetry and excess) and plotting of particle size distribution diagrams;
- Mineralogical and component analysis of sediments;
- Determination of genetic types of sediments;
- Interpolation of lithological and physical properties of sediments, depth correlation of geological horizons and layers, drafting of prospecting sections for drilling and bore holes;
- Property determination of deep sedimentological horizons based on their lithological, stratigraphical and geostructural characteristics and formation analysis for feasibility studies of hazardous and toxic industrial waste disposal sites; and
- Pollution monitoring based on sedimentological analyses.
Sedimentological analyses are provided on a per-sample basis for drilling wells and dry-land or submarine outcrop programs. Services are also available on a time basis for on-site work and office consultations such as sedimentological interpretations and data syntheses.