The Department of Applied Climatology and Climate Modelling offers consulting services and expertise in climate forecasting, diagnosis of climatic problems, and the development of methods to avert potential climate-related ecological problems.
- Detailed analyses of current climate conditions on local, regional, and national scales, particularly in regions with complex geographical features (glaciers, lakes, alternating vegetation types etc.);
- Climate forecasting on a local, regional, national, and global scale under current development trends;
- Predicting climatic responses to:
- increases in greenhouse gas levels;
- changes of the ocean levels;
- volcanic activity;
- solar activity;
- changing vegetation;
- agricultural activity and lumbering;
- other anthropogenic activities; and
- Determining the influence of natural climatic changes on vegetation, ocean levels, precipitation levels, and other environmental factors.